Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Drama Queen?
Thinking about it, it seems that when I write I can't seem to go for simple and straightforward. Just reading the two most recent poems that I've written (these are my first attempts in several years) I go for the over-the-top dramatic. I don't know if it's a style thing or if I'm just really full of myself. Do you think maybe I should try writing something more clear and less metaphor-filled? Is the language I'm using too flowery,etc? Is the imagery evocative or just annoying? I'd love to hear any feedback/opinions on the matter. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I will not critique your writing. I only know how to do that to 3rd graders. All I can say is I am very impressed and kept on writing.
I bet you write what comes to you and if you try to modify that it won't work as well. I would stick with what works and these are great!
Post a Comment